Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Teen with a Dream


Last night I received a very warm and personable email from Spencer Harrison, an 18 year old cancer survivor from Colorado and founder of the non profit "Teen with a Dream". Their mission is to provide aid and comfort to children suffering with cancer. Spencer is looking for items for a silent auction for an event they are hosting in Colorado on April 5th. We are pleased to participate and if you are interested in helping out you can find more info here http://teenwithadream.org/


I am always in awe of motivated teens who are digging right in to "do good". I love it! I know I was completely self involved in that age and Spencer is a perfect example of someone who has - turned lemons into lemonade. First thing I did after checking out his website was called down my 11, 9, and 7 year old to the computer. I told them Spencer's story and showed them how he is making a difference through his own life experiences and helping others. We should all take a lesson!


So Spencer, lots of luck with your event! We wish you the best :) xo, Brie

No comments: