Thursday, October 13, 2011

American Horror Story

Have you heard about this new show on FX, American Horror Story.  Here is my one word review.... NO.


I was intrigued by this show for several reasons....


Reason 1 - created by Ryan Murphy (the guy behind Glee)  Hey, I love Glee - maybe I will like this too!  NO



It stars two of of my all time favorites!!!  Dylan McDermott and Connie Britton!!! ?  Come on, The Practice and Friday Night Lights are two of my ALL time favorites? There is no way it can be bad with these two, right?  NO



It also stars the great Jessica Lange (LOVED her in Grey Gardens) and Francis Conroy (mom from Six Feet Under!!!)  I love these two, I bet I will like this show!!  NO

In the words of my two favorite movie critics......


HAAAAAAAAAAATED IT!  It is scary and not good scary, WEIRD scary and it's pretty vulgar.  Tammy Taylor says the P word - EW!  Oh no you didn't.... That's a two snaps out and off the season's pass.  xo, Brie

3 comments:

The Chic Chauffeur said...

Same. Thought it was a little too disturbing......

Kate said...

While I like Glee, I knew this would be too weird for me. Did you ever watch Nip Tuck? I think that's more Ryan Murphyish than Glee (which is why I didn't even give AHS a chance-Nip Tuck was so weird!)

Bridget said...

I knew it would be weird but I was hoping for more of a Lost kind of weird or even six feet under weird... this was just too much for me. I watched about 15 minutes into episode 2 and deleted it. I have never seen Nip Tuck - I have some friends who love it and some who hate it. It took me awhile to warm to Dexter but I did - I just couldn't give this show my time. YUCK!