- red onion minced (no measurements here mayber 1/3 cup?
- 1 stalk of celery minced
- 1 red pepper minced
- bunch of black olives minced (get the good greek ones one from the olive bar)
- basil julienned
- small block of feta diced (I prefer the block to the crumbles)
- 1 box of Israeli pearl couscous (Trader Joes)
- olive oil 1/2 cup
- balsamic vinegar 1/3 cup
- salt and pepper
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Monday, May 25, 2009
First up my refrigerator which was a disaster area. Poor thing has been really neglected for longer than I care to admit! I emptied out the ENTIRE thing, spritzed away with my cucumber method spray and went to town with a wet dishrag. Pulled out drawers and scrubbed them with hot soap water. Merged bottles of balsamic and soy sauce and bid farewell to a couple of sour cream containers that kicked the bucket in March 09. So happy to finally check this off my to do list and it only took me 45 minutes from start to finish!
I am going to try to do one project like this a day for 30 days, stay tuned :) xo, Brie
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!!!!
Sunday, May 24, 2009
If my prom date showed up at the door wearing this, I would have locked the door and turned out all lights!
Somewhere between 1988 and present date, I have completely fallen hard for the ruffles. Especially tiny ones. I just bought not one but TWO of these adorable polos from Talbots today. 49 dollars feels high to me for a polo but you can't just go around wearing ruffles EVERY day so I figure they'll last me a long time. I went for it and bought the black AND the white. Hopefully I'll throw someone into fits of laughter when they see a pic of ME wearing this, say 15 years from now!
Look how cute....
if only I can look like this skinny you know what in it! xo, Brie
Saturday, May 23, 2009
So I started this yesterday... I have several observations
- they have this tension cord that you can shut into a door and wear around your waist. This isn't working for me... all rooms I have a dvd player in do not have a door. Tony insists you don't need to use the waist tension and it will still be effective.
- you need a decent amount of space to do this effectively - my untidy family room was giving me troubles
- probably not the best idea to start yesterday b/c it was HOT (in the 90's) and all 4 were off from school. They were busting out in fits of laughter and then decided to join me. Just not enough room
- at first the cardio section seemed silly but in the end I was really huffing and puffing
- it's not really a 10 minute workout as Tony Horton suggests doing 3 of his workout in a row. I'm no mathematician but according to my calculations that 30 minutes. Still short in comparison to what it usually takes me at the Y and that's not including travel time.
- My family room is carpeted and during the warm up my foot slipped and I completely fell over - thank God the kids hadn't caught wind of what I was doing yet. Might want to consider a non slip mat of some kind.
- On all the videos there is a countdown bar showing how much of your 10 minutes is left and I quite liked it!
I'll keep you posted with future reportings!!! We're off to a fabulous start - except the part where I ate an entire package of Archer Farm Cheddar Twists from Target! Will power is no friend of mine! xo, Brie
Friday, May 22, 2009
Thanks to Lemishine everything is crystal clear and even the dishwasher looks brand new!!! I am totally not kidding.... available at Walmart and Target! xo, Brie
Monday, May 18, 2009
A few observations from the video
- Taneal has a lot of teeth, I'm thinking more than an average person?
- She loves to look at her background singers while she sings and it's weird
- One of the said background singers is seriously copying Taneal's style.... Is it her sister or do we have a single white female sitch on our hands?
- Taneal's lipsynching is not so good despite her perky demeanor (don't believe me, ff to around the one minute mark :)
- The captain plays those bi level keyboards with the energy level of a snail who was slipped so exederin pm
He is very lucky this cat was little after his time or I think he may have been given the boot!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Well I have fallen victim today to the 10 minute trainer (yes, seriously, I bought it)! You should see the stunning results of the folks that have tried this ;) I would like to think I can find at least 10 minutes to dance around my tv room with resistance bands each day. Hopefully will be here this week and I can hardly wait to post of pic of me showing off in my old jeans like this gal....
Stay tuned, you can count on an honest review here! xo, Brie
I'll be singing this in my kitchen while I wait for it to arrive!
Friday, May 15, 2009
The transition has been everything we hoped for and more. She's taking advantage of new opportunities that she has never had before (ie school play, newspaper, chorus etc), made lots of nice new friends, and is thriving academically. I'm so proud of her!!
Her language arts teacher had all the 6th grade students write an essay about prejudice and what it means to them sponsored by NCJW West Morris Section. My little Kay was one of 4 grand prize winners throughout our county. She is on top of the world about it. Last week she was invited to an awards ceremony for this, received her prizes and got to read her piece to a full auditorium of 350 people (I seriously would have not enjoyed that at that age) and did an amazing job!
The event had a guest speaker Stanlee Stahl was phenomenal! Her talk was about the Holocaust and the countless numbers of Christians and Muslims who sacrificed everything to shelter and rescue the Jews during this time. It was incredibly motivating and she had a way of speaking not only to the adults, all of my kids were listening to every word and taking it in. I emailed her later to tell her what a fantastic job I thought she did. It was a great night!!
Just got back from the library and picked up Anne Frank for Kayla (I was surprised she hadn't read this yet!) and a book called The Zookeeper's Wife, a true story about a Polish family who turned their zoo in Warsaw into a safe haven for Jews. That one is for me. I can't wait to read it! I'll let you know how it is :)
So congrats to my Kay, we are soooooooooooooooo proud of you! xo Mom and Dad
Monday, May 11, 2009
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Thursday, May 7, 2009
PS The stencil is coming along.... I omitted the third layer on the 2nd and 3rd flower (would put some dots in the center of the flower and accents on the petals) I kind of like them the way they are so I am still deciding. Any thoughts?
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
It arrived on Monday which was bad timing b/c I was hoping my dad could help me get started on it but they were leaving first thing Tuesday. I am not going to lie... I LOVE this stencil, it's very me and Caroline loves it too. It is a very complicated stencil and probably not for a beginner - which might be me! There are 5 flowers in total and they are vertical stencils (I prefer horizontal) EACH flower has three overlays which adds up to one time consuming project! It took me an hour today to do three of these flowers (which appear to be the most complicated of the five)