Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Mr. KB usually puts up the outdoor lights but this year for some reason every weekend was so jam packed he never got around to it. The weather here in NJ has been bipolar so just last week when it reached almost 70 degrees outside (we now have about 8 inches of snow) I jumped at the opportunity to put up the lights. I was a bit of a disaster and I hope none of the neighbors were watching me! Tangled lights everywhere, me on a 12 ft wobbly ladder, dirty words a flyin - not a pretty sight.
The final results were not too shabby! I am quite pleased with my handy work!
I have never put lights on this bell before but had some extras laying around and I love it!
I love me a good spotlight on a wreath
The icicles were my nemesis that day - I love how they came out though
I usually put some greens in my window boxes for the holidays and then move them into the garage after Christmas to save on the wear and tear. They looked so boring at first and then I found some of those real looking plastic ball ornaments at walmart and went crazy with the glue gun! I love how they turned out!
All in all a success! I don't know what's going on around this neighborhood but nobody seems "into it" this year! The street is dark and gloomy and I don't like it one bit!
Presents are wrapped and tagged, house is almost all decorated, company arrives today so I am not sure how much blogging I'll get to in this week. You never know! In case this is it, I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and/or Happy Hanukkah! xoxoxoxo Brie
Monday, December 22, 2008
Imagine my delight to find these happy couples upon entering the living room! Ms. C is playing matchmaker for anyone who is interested....
Are you a religious girl like Ariel here? A pewter Joseph swiped from our nativity scene would make a perfect mate! Shhhh don't tell Mary
For those who fancy a well dressed man shorter in stature like Belle, Treemont from the Family Treetots is your guy, his first wife Willow will not be pleased.
Snow White seems to prefer a taller more casually dressed man (who goes by the name of Daddy) who likes to ride horses all day (thus the wide stance) This guy is also spoken for - his unappreciated wife (aka Mommy) is somewhere in the playroom probably at the bottom of a tupperware bin.
For the girls who like the "bad boy" type like Cinderella - Mr. Gangsta Rat who I believe came from a happy meal is the perfect match! He even comes with a gold tooth and his own gold chains.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
The selections are often hilarious! Kevin picks out a dazzling tie for my dad every year that tend to look something like this!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Been running around NJ like a lunatic with shopping, decorating needs, entertaining needs, and Christmas concerts.... have been taking pics and will be sharing soon :) Steer clear of the impatient woman in the minivan (that'd be me) Big snow storm heading here tomorrow - yippee! xo, Brie
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:7
Timestamp: 2008-12-16 14:24:33 UTC
That's Kathie at My Preppy Purse! Congrats and send me an email with your address to bridget at keeksandbrie dot com!
Here's how I'm spending my bday presently... cleaning my house and listening to Fall Out Boy at high volume! Who's jealous? ;) xo, Brie
Monday, December 15, 2008
Lastly, will you just look at this? I got talked into buying this 30 dollar wreath from the boy scouts at church. We have a new storm glass door over our real front door which apparently doubles as a wreath oven. Learn from my mistake and hang the wreath IN FRONT of the glass, not behind it or you'll end up with this toasted delight. The only upside was Christmasy pine smell all through the house that day as it roasted and I had no idea where it was coming from! That was 30 dollars well spent ;) xo, Brie
Friday, December 12, 2008
People did not sneer at the homemade purses thankfully and they even got swapped a few times so I was happy and relieved about that!
I totally scored on mine! Check this beauty out....
it has all the qualities I am looking for in a Christmas ornament - glass, round, bow, and GLITTER! Isn't she pretty?
I'll leave you with this question - is it polite to "steal" an ornament from the hostess of the party at the Yankee swap? My gut is no - but it was done several times last night. I honestly had never given a whole lot of thought to this until a few years ago when at another party someone stole the gift from the hostess - the lady sitting next to me whispered ( kind of loudly) in my ear that, that guest "Was not raised right"
TGIF :) xo, Brie
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Here is our advent wreath made with love from our preschooler Ms. C! Isn't it so cute? Completely handmade and made from some recycled materials (candles are old toilet paper tubes) and the base is a paper plate! The yellow construction paper flame is fitted into the candles and you can pull them up when it's time to "light" the candle.
I'm not going to lie to you - I have 5 of these from preschool past, I always save them but they never look so great when I pull them out of the box the following Advent season. This year, it is imperative that I pack this up with UTMOST care b/c this is my last year with a preschooler - I could cry!
Be sure to come back tomorrow for a Keeks and Brie holiday giveaway I am planning (that reminds me I to charge up my camera!) :) xo, Brie
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
Here it is online available in smaller sizes which would have worked better for her but I am looking at the bright side... she'll enjoy this for years to come!
I'm off to clean that annoying smudge off of my camera lens now! xo, Brie
Friday, December 5, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
edit: what the.... the embed won't work. boo hoo - this 70's child could not resist the disco version :)
edit: finally got it to post above! Now how can I get a job as the dancing elves? Those are seriously all my signature moves!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Cards are ordered and I love them! Use code JOLLY15 and get 15% off your order over 100 dollars. Code ENDS at 11:59 TONIGHT so get crackin....
A few points why I really enjoyed this working with this company
- tons of choices - I mean TONS and one is cuter than the next. I am sucker for the square shaped card but did resist the temptation b/c postal charges extra postage - one of life's great mysteries to me b/c it makes no sense!
- they had the perfect card for me with 4 separate panels for each of the kids' pictures! No fretting over who blinked in one, who wasn't looking, who has red eyes, who was crying b/c mommy was yelling to SMILE AND SIT STILL etc etc etc ;) Just pick a pleasing photo of each child and drop and drag into the handy template
- they also allowed me to adjust the pictures with zoom and left/right shifting in each picture and even let me change my color photo to black and white - I'm soooooo artsy!
They should be here between 12/12 and 12/16 - right on schedule!!! I have the whole address book on excel so I can print up my stickers, stamp and send!
One thing checked off my list.... only 546 to go :) xo, Brie
Monday, December 1, 2008
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Edward is Cedric from Harry Potter- so handsome... funny I never noticed that before! - the makeup was a touch distracting to me but all in all two thumbs up! xo, Brie
Friday, November 21, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Ms. C ready to hit the Magic Kingdom doing the stiff handed princess/beauty queen wave. Not sure where she learned this but boy did we all love it!
I wanted to share some HOT tips I found for the Magic Kingdom if you are planning a trip soon (I can't take credit for all of these b/c some are from Keely and my cousin Sara!)
- If you have a little girl go to Costco or BJ's and buy them a princess costume dress BEFORE your trip. MANY of the little girls are wandering the park in these dresses and look adorable. Caroline was Belle (thank you Keely!) This costume cost 30 dollars at BJ's wholesale club and was 65 and up at the park. All of the park staff would greet her saying - good morning princess, hello princess etc - she loved it! One staffer even asked for her autograph in their book - she ate it up.
- Go to the park in Sept, Oct, or Nov - the longest line we waited in was 25 minutes. We walked on almost everything (with the exception of Saturday which was noticeably more crowded)
- If a ride offers FASTPASS - get one and don't wait in the regular line. This is especially true for Peter Pan in Fantasy land- that line is slow as molasses and they definitely "favor" the fast pass line.
- You are only allowed one fast pass per time window per ticket so plan wisely! For example I knew some of my kids would do Thunder Mountain and others would not so we got 3 fast passes for that ride and Dave used the other 3 to get fast passes for Peter Pan
- Do Dumbo ride FIRST - this ride has no fast pass and is S L O W to load and unload causing for longer lines
- SKIP Stitch's escape. Seriously, horrible. The kids of all ages (including me) hated it.
- Go to the library and or buy the Unofficial Guide to Disney. It was a fantastic resource FULL of awesome tips!
- The kids loved having dinner at Pinocchio Village Haus with a table overlooking Small World. It's fast food but they loved waving to the people on the ride! It was a fun spot to take a break.
- I hate those autograph books ... they totally slow up the character picture line but we broke down and bought 2 books anyway.
- Disney's fireworks cannot be beat they are great, but NOT for everyone. Ms. C nearly had a nervous breakdown when they started - forcing us to flee from the park. They are beautiful but very loud.
- Take full advantage of the ride switch if they offer it. Tell the staffer at the front of the line you want to ride switch and they hand you a fast pass good anytime that day for up to 3 people. Total score and won't interfere with getting another fast pass since the one in your hand wasn't dispensed by a machine and therefore not in the system.
Best Ride for the whole family (our kids scare easily) = Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Best 3D movie of all the parks is here = Philharmagic
Best parade - 3pm down Main St = Disney Dreams Come True. All your favorites are in this - it's really cute! Slip into the gift ship Emporium on Main Street (gets my vote for best gift shop btw) and out their side door for secret FRONT ROW seats :)
We also had a "magical moment" at the park which I honestly thought wasn't "real" but it is. Free ice cream for Ms. C! Thanks Mickey! xo, Brie
Coming soon - tips for Epcot and Hollywood Studios along with my review of the Nickelodeon Suites hotel