Thursday, June 18, 2009

Seafood Pasta Recipe

;Disclaimer: I think it's safe for us all to assume that I will never be hired to be a cookbook photographer.....


My neighbor had a dinner party and made this for us. It is sooooo delicious, she handed over the recipe and I made it myself for the first time last night. I am not going to try and fool you that this is in any way healthy or low cal but it is oh so good. Probably not a meal you would want to work into regular rotation but a delicious every now and then deal :)


I didn't even have the Jack Daniels that the recipe called for so I used a sherry instead. It was basically a seafood newburg - my favorite!!! The sauce would also be so yummy over scrod or haddock (this is sometimes a special at the Chart Room on the Cape).


Jack Daniel's Shrimp and Seafood Pasta


20 jumbo shrimp cleaned and deveined (I used more)

2 shallots finely chopped

3 oz Jack Daniels (I used sherry - 3 oz = a little less than half a cup)

1 tsp seafood seasoning (aka Old Bay)

9oz heavy cream (told you it wasn't low cal :) this is approximately 1 cup)

2 tsp of tomato paste

6oz of lump crabmeat (do yourself and your wallet a favor and get this at costco, you can freeze the leftovers for another time)


sautee shallots, shrimp, jack daniels, and seafood seasoning (I used a little olive oil to start the shallots and shrimp and then proceeded with the recipe) Remove shrimp when done to your liking and add cream and tomato paste. Cook until reduced by half, put shrimp and crabmeat back into sauce and gently heat through. Season with salt and pepper.


I served this over fresh fettuccine which I don't normally use but it is esp good with this sauce, fresh baguette, and a green salad. Everyone loved it except the boys but they won't eat any form of seafood. More for me :) xo, Brie

6 comments:

Seersucker Scrapper said...

Looks delicious!!

Kathi D said...

I won't say it LOOKS good but it sure SOUNDS good!

Unknown said...

Your first sentence had me rolling on the floor laughing. :)

Bridget said...

I know it's terrible... I think it *might* be time for a new camera or maybe a new photographer :)

Kathi D said...

I don't blame the photography--some dishes just taste better than they look. I know all about that, since I am a fan of White Food. (vanilla pudding, chicken a la king, etc.)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "Keeks and Brie: Seafood Pasta Recipe" to our Food Directory . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


Warm Regards

foodnrecipes.info Team

http://www.foodnrecipes.info