Monday, February 8, 2010

My Go To Hors D'oeuvres


Whether I am going to a party or hosting it myself, these are my 2 go tos for snacks. Everyone seems to like them and they always get a nice reception upon arrival - either that or people are thinking, oh God here she comes with those 2 dumb hors d'oeuvres again and they are being kind. I'm hoping it's option A :) These are so easy you can make the both at the same time. I have these ingredients on hand almost all the time.



So here we go.... 2 easy slam dunk snacks with directions and pictures
Hot Spinach Dip

1 package frozen no sauce chopped spinach
1 medium onion chopped
2 tbsp butter
3/4 - 1 cup heavy cream
6 or 7 slices of swiss cheese
salt and pepper


Defrost spinach in the colander in the sink. Melt butter in a skillet and saute chopped onions until soft and slight caramelized.

Squeeze out defrosted spinach and add to the onion in the skillet, heat through and generously salt and pepper. I don't know why but the spinach needs lots of salt (more than I usually use to season).




Add cream and mix in and heat through


Add cheese and stir over med low heat to incorporate. You may need to add more cream just to get the right dipping consistency. I serve these with tostitos corn chips and you want it to be dippable. If it's too thick, the chips start breaking in there and that is just no fun for anyone.

Sweet Sausages


Easiest recipe ever. Take 2 turkey polska kielbasa and slice them up. Heat them in a dry skillet over medium high heat until they start to caramelize. Add 3/4 cup of brown sugar and 1/3 cup of water. Let it continue to cook at a low boil for 3-4 minutes.




Serve with toothpicks. Could this be any easier? I don't think so :) Try these crowd pleasers at your next soiree :) xo, Brie

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Bridget, it's hors d'oeuvres! looks very yummy!

Bridget said...

I can't spell - thanks I'm off to fix :)

Kathi D said...

I'm not a big spinach fan, but those sausages look great. I even like plain old hotdogs cut up and bathed in BBQ sauce.

One of my go-to's is deviled eggs. It's an old-fashioned treat that almost everybody seems to like.

hellesbelles86 said...

That looks really good!