Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Teenage Girl Room Makeover

My oldest just turned 13 last month and we decided a ways back that she may be due for an upgrade in the very room that was her baby girl nursery complete with bow stencils and waverly pink bow wallpaper below the chair rail.

Monka to the rescue a few months back with a fresh coat paint of her color choice and hours and hours of painstaking freshening of the wood work which admittedly had taken a BEATING over the last 13 years!

I'll post pics soon of the full reveal but in the meantime I working a on a little project.
I found a really CUTE shaped nightstand at Home Goods in black a few months ago but this color isn't going to work with our scheme.






Forgot to take a photo before I pulled out the drawers!



3 coats of this stuff over the black finish and we are almost ready for the new quart of semigloss in a beauty of a color.....

How will this project turn out?? What color will it be???? Stay tuned for another installment and the big reveal tomorrow! (Insert cheesy dramatic soap opera music here) xo, Brie

2 comments:

jillskict said...

Can't wait to see! I love Home Goods, very cute little night stand!

Miss to Mrs said...

Please tell me it's hot pink! I always wanted a hot pink room when I was 13.