Tuesday, February 16, 2010

That was then, this is now


Approximately 2 years ago I shared this incredibly inventive decorating idea I had to combine my boys' love of Star Wars, legos, and incredibly costly little collectibles only found on ebay. I'm not going to lie, I thought I was really quite clever coming up with this solution and it looked so cute hanging on the wall... much better than any piece of priceless art I could have purchased to grace their room.





Fast forward 2 years and I want to show you how well this fantastic idea has held up





At least this guy seems to be enjoying my idea



xo, Brie

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It is an adorable idea! Too bad the boys don't appreciate it. How about the girls?

Miss to Mrs said...

I'm not sure what that last remaining guy is, but I think I need one of those. He looks exactly how I feel today. Right down to the color.

That was a terrific idea. What happened to all the men? Did they revolt and run away?

Bridget said...

In fairness to the boys - they actually love the shadow box idea but they love the little toys more and are still play with them all the time. I know someday they'll be too big to want to play with legos anymore and they'll be back in their box collecting dust. Just trying to enjoy these moments for what they are and laugh :)

Kate said...

Love the shadow box. The colorful rattan baskets I bought for toys in the family room are also empty. I think I have to give up & accept that the toys are all going to be up in the children's rooms...