Monday, April 14, 2008

Crazy Ebay Monday



and in case you are wondering.... I didn't even come close to looking this cute in it!

I know in the great scheme of things, there are WAY more embarrassing moments that happen to people.... but I had the pleasure of being caught by the mailbox and having a full conversation with the neighbor's babysitter with an aquis towel wrapped around my head like a turban this morning! I have met her twice.

I spent my whole morning packing up boxes in the hopes of catching the mailman (click n ship is the greatest thing EVER - I'll sing it's praises from a mountaintop in a future post). I knew he'd be coming along momentarily, took a sneak peek out the side windows, it was all clear - systems go, so I ran out with the towel on head and packages in hand. She came out of nowhere!! I miss my old neighbors who already knew I can be kooky and liked me anyway :)



Ok, on to ebay Monday... here is a little handheld battery operated game that may have ignited my obsession with video and computer games. MERLIN!!! I don't remember the whole jingle but this for some reason has stayed in my brain after all these years.... "Where's Merlin now? He's not there, He's out with Billy playing Magic Square." I ruled at Magic Square!! Have a great Monday! xo, Brie





4 comments:

Preppy Lizard said...

That is hilarious! I totally got caught ourside this weekend in my pj's and no bra by a neighbor I have not met...UGG!!!

PS I tagged you on my blog

Jules said...

Aaaahhhhhh! Merlin! Too. Many. Memories.

The Mrs. said...

Holy moly I loved my Merlin and was a magic square and tick tack toe champ. I loved the sounds it made!!!!! LOVED IT. I bet you looked cute in your towel! I need to know more about click and ship!

Ang said...

Brie-I think this story might make you feel better (and it is about my husband so even better)! We had to had to arrange a special trash pick-up because we had some heavy stuff, and my husband forgot they were coming. Anyway, he was just getting out of the shower and heard the doorbell...did he get dressed? NO. He wore a bath towel to door...then told the guy he would meet him in the backyard to show what needs to be hauled away. Did he get dressed then? NO!!! So my husband was trouncing around in the backyard with just a towel and the garbage man!!!! So embarrassing!