Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Garlic and Sapphires


I am still on a huge Ruth Reichl kick. I love her! This book is another great one by her. Her career is really taking off and she has just been offered the job as food critic for the New York Times. Upon her arrival to New York, she realizes she is a recognizable face and recruits help and make up artists to create new characters to dine out at fancy shmancy restaurants like Le Cirque. She will later return to Le Cirque as "herself" and writes reviews based on the different treatment she receives as a "nobody" verses Ruth Reichl New York Times food critic! It's very interesting - pick it up for the summer if you are looking for a great read! xo, Brie

3 comments:

Seersucker Scrapper said...

Sounds like a fun read. I am going to have to check it out!

Thanks!

Suburban Princess said...

Is it a novel? Sounds like my kind of book!

Bridget said...

Yes! It's about a 350 page memoir - it's great - I hope you like it as much as I do!