Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Favorite Pasta Salad

My all time favorite pasta salad!! I don't make it all that often b/c I honestly can't stop eating it when it is in the fridge. I like it b/c it does not have mayonaisse in it so you can bring it to a party and not worry about it being out or spoiling!


Ingredients

  • red onion minced (no measurements here mayber 1/3 cup?
  • 1 stalk of celery minced
  • 1 red pepper minced
  • bunch of black olives minced (get the good greek ones one from the olive bar)
  • basil julienned
  • small block of feta diced (I prefer the block to the crumbles)
  • 1 box of Israeli pearl couscous (Trader Joes)
  • olive oil 1/2 cup
  • balsamic vinegar 1/3 cup
  • salt and pepper


First off I forgot to buy the cous cous but thought I had (this type is more like a pasta) so instead I had to use stupid elbows. Really any pasta will work but I recommend something small. If you decide to go with a bigger pasta, make more vinegarette. Cook the couscous/pasta according to package. Drain and give a rinse with cool water.


Whisk the oil and vinegar in a bowl and add the rest. Season to taste - so good! xo, Brie

2 comments:

Miss to Mrs said...

Oh yum! I'm going to make this over the weekend and I'm not sharing with anyone!

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious! I'm game for anything with feta!!