Sunday, January 20, 2008

Adventures in Costco


"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
This is one of my favorite movie quotes.... this was also my day today ;) Can you name the movie?



We just got back from a nice little weekend trip to Costco (with all 4 kids no less) We hosted a small soiree last night and are all dragging to say the least - why we decided to take this on I seriously have no idea!

Costco on the weekends is just a bad idea for so many reasons, I realized the moment I flashed my membership card and crossed that thresh hold that I had made a tremendous mistake.

First off it appears as if everyone in the state of NJ has decided to shop here today. Are we expecting a blizzard? Is it Super Bowl Sunday? What the heck is going on??? The parking lot is completely jammed and it's like playing frogger to get safely to the front door with all the parking madness.

The samplers - I once read a hilarious article about the 4 types of costco samplers, if I can find it I will post it later. Each and everyone of them were out in full force and ready to trample me and my young children in order to get 1/6 of a nuked chicken mcnugget in a paper cupcake wrapper.

The great mental debaters - should I get these Colgate toothbrushes? Let me turn my cart sideways so as to block incoming and outgoing traffic and ponder it a bit, I will read the package thoroughly, I will count how many come in the package, wait are these the ones I have a coupon for?? Just buy them, they are toothbrushes!!!

The line - you will have to start jockeying for a position somewhere around the book section to get into a line. Even walking without a cart is difficult to maneuver around, and with a cart??? Impossible!


The loading and unloading of the car - this is where your tetris skills can really pay off! Esp if you drive a minivan like me with zero trunk space to speak of.


All of this being said - I seriously LOVE Costco! I just don't recommend it on the weekends :) You are taking your life into your hands. Thankfully this ordeal is now over and we have a lifetime supply of Tide, Cascade, and snack sized Doritos! Now if that doesn't give you a feeling of security, I don't know what will! xo, Brie

No comments: