Monday, January 14, 2008

The No Snow = No Fun Monday

Well I did say I'd be back Monday but I haven't had time to take pics for some upcoming spots to share, so here's the weekend in a nutshell :)

Kayla's birthday was fun, I think she had a good time and liked her gifts. 11 year olds are a lot harder to buy for than 3 year olds, that's for sure!

We went to bed excited to wake up to lots of snow! Our real first biggie of the winter season! They predicted 5-10 inches for our area. They said it would start as rain and promised we'd wake up to a winter wonderland! Would we have our first "for real"snow day and no school? Would we get a 90 minute delay? I didn't care... as long as I can sleep past my usual 6:45 am I'll be happy. I woke up about 4:30 and am eager to see all that snow, whipped open the shade to find it still RAINING! Then I layed in bed obsessing over why isn't it snowing, fret over how I have to go to Dunkin Donuts first thing in the morning to get Kayla's birthday treats since I threw caution to the wind and didn't bake the cupcakes. Continue to obsess until around 6:30, fall asleep, alarm rings at 6:45 am. Hello meterologists, you are killing me.

Despite all of our disappointment that there is no snow, the kids got over it quickly and seemed to have a great day, I however am exhausted! My parents are visiting for the birthday weekend and we had a nice chat about some fun new Keeks and Brie products (they have great ideas). I did some test samples today, they are not fully ready for the shelves, but do seem promising!! Stay tuned..... xo Brie

No comments: