Monday, January 7, 2008

Keep it Clean


Housekeeping has never really been my "thing". I have been working on it diligently for the last 3 years and I AM getting better at it if I do say so myself. There are some tricks to this with a few things I need to do DAILY to stay on top of things. The most important being:



  1. a load of laundry a day (this means the whole 9 yards, including putting it away which I detest!)

  2. vacuuming my family room/sweeping kitchen (they are kind of connected) at least once a day

  3. making all the beds - RIGHT AWAY in the morning. If I put it off, I never get back up there. My oldest daughter is a gem and makes her own. The boys should make their own but I cut them a little break b/c they are in bunk beds, so the pay off is they keep their room picked up.

  4. Start dinner (even if its only in your mind) first thing in the morning

These tips have helped me along tremendously! Hope they help you too :) If you need more help try http://www.flylady.com/ she's hard core, but does in a manageable way. Good luck! xo, Brie


PS I almost forgot to mention my FAVORITE counter spray - method cucumber (the green one) environmentally friendly and smells so good! You'll even notice it continuing to smell good upon returning home from errands. Available at Target and Stop and Shop :)

No comments: