Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Dinner Challenge Day 2 Lemon Chicken


Am I one lousy photographer or what? (please don't answer that!) This was my dinner for last night's challenge, check out the Flickr group . It was met with mixed reviews but I think it got a solid 7.5-8 on a scale of 10 from everyone in this household. This lemon chicken recipe sauce actually calls for heavy cream in the sauce. It is beyond delicious, but in the interest of saving a few calories here I just did the lemon part hold the cream.

Lemon Chicken



  • boneless chicken breasts (4)

  • 1/2 stick of butter

  • 2 or 3 lemons (depends on the size)

  • 1/3 cup of sherry (I cheated and used "cooking sherry" but I bet the real deal would be even better!)

  • lemon zest from 2 of the lemons

  • s/p

clean and trim up your chicken, pound it out a bit to make it flatter (I just like it thinner and it saves on cooking time) Melt your butter in the frying pan and add the chicken. Cook for 6 minutes on each side or so (I like it to get kind of brown). Remove chicken and set to the side. Add you zest, juice, and sherry to the frying pan and whisk it around a bit scraping up the brown bits etc. Let it bubble for a minute or 2 until slightly reduced. Return your chicken to the pan and coat to slightly reheat and serve.


I served this with a pastina (teeny stars) pasta and a little "I can't believe it's not butter" (I can't believe I LIKE I can't believe it's not butter, but I do!) and some green giant broccoli in cheese sauce. I thought the kids would like this broccoli but they hated it. Mr. KB and I loved it :D


Don't expect any great shakes for tonight, we have a basketball game so I may be doing a blt or something and will probably take the night off. I have big plans for the rest of the week though! Stay tuned! xo, Brie

No comments: