Monday, February 11, 2008

Slam your Body Down and Wind it All Around - My Weekend Part Deux





Ok, so as if the John Denver sing along wasn't enough excitement for one day.... that very night E is able to snag tix for none other than the SPICE GIRLS. These were hot tickets around here! We each brought our oldest daughters and E's 15 year old niece came too.


Here we experienced a full 180 from our afternoon earlier. Here we are no longer the "youngins" like at the JD sing along. We are now the "old ladies" in a sea of screaming teenage girls and young men wearing shirts that say "spice boy". Seats were awesome, we were 20 feet from the stage. It was seriously unreal... I think I knew 4 or 5 songs they did. I have to say though, they were great. Real entertainers these ladies are!!! They sounded and looked awesome! I felt 100 years old here but we all sprang out of seats for a little "Wannabe" which was one of their encores. Who can resist delicious pop like that? Certainly not me! We debated the whole way home who our favorite "spice" is and none of us agree. For me it's a no brainer - Scary Spice is the best, hands down! Hi Ci Ya - Hold Tight!



PS extra bonus was seeing Carson Kressley from Queer Eye! I love him! He had a great time too, was rockin out the whole time! Hey Carson, remember that crazy middle aged woman yelling and waving to you? That'd be me :D! E was horrified by my shameless adoring of Mr. Kressly, I can't help it, I ♥ him!

















Here's some pics! xo, Brie






Awwwww, that's my girl Scary's little baby girl, isn't she cute?





3 comments:

Miss to Mrs said...

Wow! You're a rock star in my eyes. I love John Denver and sing along with him in my car all the time. Then you topped it off with the Spice Girls? You are too cool for school. I thought I was cool because I found an apron at a flea market but you just blew that right out of the water. I was a huge Spice Girl fan back in the day and I agree that Scary Spice is the best, but that's probably just because I liked her so much in Dancing with the Stars.

What will you do next weekend to top this?

Bridget said...

ha ha, this was an usually busy weekend for me. Haven't had this much excitement in years :) Next couple of weekends will probably involve me watching endless hours of project runway marathons in my pajamas ;)

Kate said...

I am so jealous! I missed the Spice Girls in LA because I was in DC and am missing them in DC cause I'm in Australia. Luckily I did see them years ago when they toured without Geri.