Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sweet Inspiration


Completely and 100% inspired by Sweet Inspiration's beautiful post this morning, it got me thinking about my Gramma Gert.

I have been incredibly blessed in my life to be surrounded by a great support system. I spent a lot of time with Gram growing up and I will never ever forget her beautiful blue eyes, quick wit, and wonderful infectious laugh. She taught me how to play cards, make fudge, and love traditional irish music. She tried about 200 times to teach dumb dumb here (read: me) how to crochet but I could never catch on. She's been in heaven for 2 years and I miss her everyday. I have wonderful memories, beautiful afghans displayed and used in my house, personalized Christmas stockings, can make a killer fudge and a homemade macaroni and cheese, and can probably kick your butt in cribbage ;) all thanks to her! Miss and love you! xo, Brie

3 comments:

Miss to Mrs said...

I think I miss my grandma more as an adult that I did as a child. People tell me I'm a lot like her and I wish that I could know her as an adult. I'm gifted with knowing things because I'm her granddaughter. That's the only explaination that I have for knowing how to do some of the things I know. She is for sure a part of me.

lisa {milkshake} said...

My mom-mom and your Gramma sound like they were cut from the same cloth! My mom-mom also taught me how to crochet, but I only remember one stitch :)

Glad you liked my post!

Ang said...

Oh, I am so glad I didn't read your post while at work- I am a little teary-eyed now. Grandparents are by far some of the best people. I lost my Gramps about 2 years ago, and I never knew how I would recover. We are so lucky to be blessed with such good memories. My Gram is still with us and I cherish every single moment I get to spend with her. Thanks for your lovely post.